Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Am I different?

I have to ask if I am any different.... 


I struggle to look beyond the superficial, i.e., the looks, the finances, the pretense. I have been programmed to admire achievement, to praise someone for "pulling himself/herself up", to smile about success. 


So the real issue here is my belief. 


Do I believe that the way I should be programmed by God is better than the programming I receive from society? Do I believe that a life without selfishness will be worth living? Can I be successful without self-promotion? Can I substitute other-promotion for self-promotion? Can I bring myself to believe that I will be as fulfilled and happy by service as by being served? Do I believe Jesus knew what he was talking about when he called me to serve rather than be served? Or will I just keep mindlessly living the dream while professing different norms?


Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment